Mind cleansing

4:30 PM

So many emotions enveloped me over the weekend. Probably because it was the birthday week? My pop's 25th death anniversary, so may things have happened in work, and my period is coming. 

Past two (2) weeks have been very busy and the birthday week will also be busy as well. Three (3) consecutive weeks full of hearings and pleadings. My mind can't rest even on a long weekend. Well, no long weekend for me coz needed to come to work on a holiday. So many problems need to be troubleshot, and I'm mentally exhausted. 

Also, so many shocking news this week shared to me by friends, or news I come to know. I guess it affected me. One, asked for an advice on what to do with his relationship, also with another friend. I can only lend an ear, and hugs. I can't share his pain because I have never been into a relationship, and the only thing I can tell him is to talk it out with his partner as he is the only one who can gauge his limitations and non-negotiable. Another is much worse, as it involves a family matter, with sexual abuse in the family. I was engaged as counsel and can't imagine the traumatic experience that they will go through because of the incident. I can only offer my legal services and perhaps prayer for healing as well. I have also learned that one of my favorite consultant/mentor also died after battling cancer. Last conversation with her was in December when she randomly catch-up and even asked for my cats, especially Fujira. My only regret was not able to visit her when I had a chance during one my out of town hearing in Nueva Ecija. My sincerest prayer for the repose of her soul. Lastly, I'm also kind of worried about the criminality situation in the country, I have learned that the rape and murder victim in Malabon was a classmate of my sister. My prayers for her as well, and also healing for the family.  

A lot of changes in the household too. My sister is already in her maternity leave, which means she'll seldom visit our house as she needs to focus on her family full time now. She will be a mother in few weeks time. I will have the room by myself not only on weekends but starting last Friday, and I must say it can get lonely as she's a strong motivation to get up in the morning when I don't have one as I needed to drop her off in the bus station to work. Don't get me wrong, I am really really happy for her, I just need for some adjustment and more motivation to work. 

Well, the good thing that happened was my pro-bono clients were already able to claim their checks/award. I know how that money matters to them, and glad to be of help. It feels good to be reminded of the value of your work. 

Time flies so fast and slowly at the same time. There are times when you feel stuck, and yet life continues to unfold. Cliche as it sounds, 'life is really what you make it', and we just need to get by sometimes if we are tired. Hopefully, a breathing space in the coming weeks. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images