Top 10 boybands of all time

1:15 AM


Hmmm, since I haven't recovered yet from the recent the greatest hits concert of A1-Blue-98 degrees, I am still longing for boyband group music. It's kinda "jologs" but when it has been a decade since you last heard them, their songs will stir your heart and you just know that you miss them. I am transported to the old days whenever I am hearing their songs. (Talkin about being sentimental :p)  Actually, I am a self-proclaimed boyband baby, I grew up listening to their music. So, to pay tribute to the 'boys' that I once fantasized because of their songs (hahahaha), I decided to reminisce and make a top 10 of the best boybands of my time (from the late 90's to early 2000). Again, this is a personal list, my criteria for choosing the boybands are based from their celebrity meter during my time, their hit songs and how their songs played a significant part of my life.

10) O-Town


Although, they really didn't make that big in the Philippines, producing only two (2) hit songs, I will never forget how every "lovers" during my highschool days made the "All or nothing" song their theme song. O-town is famous with their hits such as the Liquid dreams and of course, the classic "All or nothing" song.


Cause I want it all 
Or nothing at all 
There's no where left to fall 
When you reach the bottom it's now or never 
Is it all or are we just friends 
Is this how it ends 
With a simple telephone call 
You leave me here with nothing

9) Hanson

Who would forget their hit song "MMM bop"? Yes before Jonas brothers, there was Hanson Brothers. They are Isaac, Taylor and Zac Hanson. Although, I really like the MMM bop song, I want to share with you my favorite song from their album Grammy nominated album 'Middle of Nowhere'. "I will come to you" is the song which reminds me of the days when I was still recovering from the death of my father in 1997. By the way, Hanson is coming to Manila on March 30, 2012, just so you know! :) 


When you have no light to guide you
And no one to walk to walk beside you
I will come to you
Oh I will come to youWhen the night is dark and stormy
You won't have to reach out for meI will come to you
Oh I will come to you

8) The Moffatts

Who hears that familiar sound? "Na na na na na na na na na na na (2x)"? Well, if you're still clueless, just click on the link, for sure it will ring a bell. They are also known for popularizing the songs "If life is too short", Miss you like crazy" and "Girl of my dreams". 


I'll be there for you 
When you need sombody I'll be there for you 
When you want someone who cares 
When you're down and feeling blue I'll be there
7) Plus One

Well, they might not be that popular, but they are one of my favorite bands! I always remember singing their song "Last Flight Out" in videoke. They are disbanded now, so there is no chance that they will have concert here! :( Although short-lived, their songs will really melt your heart. Here's their last hit in the Philippines. 


'Cause here in my heart
There's a picture of us
Together forever
Unfaded and unbroken
Wherever you are
Your love covers me
Forever more you'll be
Here in my heart
6) Blue

Can I just say that I really love Lee Ryan? He has the most powerful voice among the men in Blue. Hahaha and I almost lost my voice during their concert here in the Philippines. Of course, who will forget the "One Love" hit maker? But the song "If you come back" is my favorite song among their hits. 

And I swear
If you come back
In my life
I'll be there till the end of time
And I swear
I'll keep you right
By my side
'Cause baby
You're the one I want
Oh yes you are

5) N'sync

It's N'sync! My best friend will not agree with me on this because she is a huge N'sync fan. I am also a fan, but for my personal choice, they only landed at the top 5, at least they are in the top half of my top 10. Who would forget the music video of them being a puppet? or something like cartoonish? Among other boybands, I concede that their music video is usually the most creatively made. 


Every little thing I do
Never seems enough for you
You don't wanna lose it again
But I'm not like them
Baby, when you finally,
Get to love somebody
Guess what,
It's gonna be me..

4) Boyzone

Let me share with you that Boyzone is my first love. I remember, writing a "tagalog" rendition of their song "You needed me" during my elementary days. Hahahah.. It's funny that my favorite singer among them is Stephen Gately (RIP), who turns out to be gay. Kalurkey! "All that I need" is one of their original songs.

How could I be such a fool 
To let go of love and break all the rules 
Girl when you walked down that door 
Left a hole in my heart 
And now I know for sure

3) A1

As much as I love them, they only landed in the third spot. (Tracy will object to this) Nevertheless, I will never forget the influence of this band, I actually know every MTV they had and memorized every dance steps, if you consider it such, in their music video. Hahaha... Just the intro of this music, you know that it's A1 playing in the background. This is the song were I got carried away and cried during the concert. 


I can still remember the time you were there
When I needed to hold you, feel you
Everytime I ask you to find a new way
You lie a new way
Is it gone, gone, gone, gone, gone
2) Westlife

Of course who would forget the WESTLIFE! I doubt if anybody would disagree that they are one of the most famous boyband ever! I just want to share that some time while I was watching their concert series back then, I have this weirdest thought that maybe one of them is gay. Imagine my shocked when I have learned that Mark is gay. I am such a psychic. hahahha... By the way, I love Nicky so much! :p 



How am I supposed to leave you now
When you're looking like that?
I can't believe what I just gave away
Now I can't take it back
I don't wanna get lost
I don't wanna live my life without you
How am I supposed to leave you now
When you're looking like that? 

1) Backstreet Boys

And the top boyband of all time is none other than, the BACKSTREET BOYS! Well, what can I say, I think they were the boyband that started it all.The father of all boybands and indeed, still the most solid group among other boybands of today. If they were to be compared to a TV series, they will be the longest running series like the Friends if I am not mistaken. From their first hit 'get down 'until their recent hit in 2009 which is the 'Bye Bye love', they have proven that they are deserving to be on the top spot. They are indeed the no.1 boyband of all time. But among their hits, I will never forget this one because someone dedicated this song to me, in fact today is his birthday! Happy birthday to you, wherever you are right now. 



Life goes on as it never ends
Eyes of stone observe the trends
They never say forever gaze upon me
Guilty roads to an endless love (endless love)
There's no control
Are you with me now?
Your every wish will be done
They tell me

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images