Reconnecting with the Savior

10:56 PM

I am in my most weakest point today, my head hurts, it can't stop pounding. I was diagnose with some disease recently which is very unlikely. I am physically weak, I guess it's the result of all the work and studying I have done, plus the fact that sometimes I do not know how to stop. I guess this is some sort of blessing in disguise for me to rest. So far, this has been the longest that I am in idle mode and in bed rest. My head still pounds but I need to do something, it's really hard to feel useless, much being incompetent.

I might be in my weakest point physically, but that does not in anyway affect my faith to our Savior. This note was actually days delayed due to my sickness but as they say, it's better late than never.

While we were in church last Sunday, Father Joshua, who I once hated for his stance in RH bill, (but I respected his opinion) have delivered a very inspirational and soulful homily. I think I have reconnected with God through his homily and I feel that I need to share this to everyone. It's how Jesus Christ have died for our sins to save us and to be with us, stereotypical right? but no, the way he gives color to it made everything special.

At this point, I want you to think of your the person you always look up to, someone who is very powerful? Let's just say you wanna meet the President to redress your grievances or your Mayor just to be realistic. Easy? No? Can they listen to your rants patiently and somehow solve it? What if it's humanly impossible? Are we just gonna cry in the corner and be hopeless. Of course not! Through his homily, Father Joshua unveiled that the most powerful  the Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent God is in fact the most reachable, the most patient and the most powerful who can be with us during our difficult times and help us solve our problems.  Imagine, how lucky we are to always have at our side the most powerful God that we oftentimes   taken for granted. We don't need to make appointments, to be hesitant on what we have to say, to be hopeless and frustrated when we are not being heard? What we need is just close our eyes and die. I meant not literally, but die and forget ourselves, forget all the superficial things around us and be like a child seeking Him. I know it's hard to do, but just knowing that we had a close access to God is already a great relief, what we need is just to master the art of praying.

As I am writing this, my headache is slowly subsiding, I believe that more than the medicines, it is my relationship to Him that is making me strong. I am nothing without Him seriously. I remember the time when I really have nothing but my faith to face the realities of life, He is there to stand as my mentor, my father and my friend. I am nothing without him. So for those who is drifting away and feeling alone, remember you have the most powerful armor just by your side to stand and protect you from the harm, to save you from you sins, to be your friend when you feel that you are alone and to love you unconditionally. He is none other than our Father, the Lord God Jesus Christ.

So if you are in pain, you have wishes, I want to share some random thoughts/passages to help you get though with it.

"So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours."-
Mark 11:24

If God has given us His only begotten son, what more our little wishes? Just have faith, I believe that He will give us what we need in due time, just like our salvation when He selflessly offered his son to save us from our sins.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I may not be religious AT ALL but I respect other people's faith and I'm happy that you're taking the time to reflect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks yosh! :) hahaha don't worry di din naman ako mukhang religious! kaya minsan kala nila charotera lang ako! hahaha :p kidding aside, I believe somewhere deep we are all religious or rather spiritual! :p

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images