The Aleph by Paulo Coelho: Excerpts

10:47 AM

I am currently reading the latest book of Paulo Coelho  which is "the Aleph". I came across a wonderful passage which really inspired me and helped me get back to the right track. I thought it's worth sharing to everyone. So here it is.


Excerpt from Aleph

I forgive the tears I was made to shed
I forgive the pain and the disappointments,
I forgive the betrayals and lies; I forgive the slanders and intrigues,
I forgive the hatred and persecution,
I forgive the blows that hurt me,
 I forgive the wrecked dreams,
I forgive the stillborn hopes,
I forgive the hostility and jealousy.
I forgive the indifference and ill will,
I forgive the injustice carried out in the name of justice,
I forgive the anger and cruelty,
I forgive the neglect and the cruelty,
I forgive the world and all its evils.
I also forgive myself. May the misfortunes of the past no longer weigh on my heart. Instead of pain and resentment, I choose understanding and compassion. Instead of rebellion, I choose the music of my violin. Instead of grief, I choose forgetting. Instead of vengeance, I choose victory.
I will be capable of loving regardless of whether I am loved in return,
Of giving, even when I have nothing,
Of working happily, even in the midst of difficulties,
Of holding out my hand, even when utterly alone and abandoned,
Of drying my tears, even while I weep,
Of believing, even no one believes in me. 

And because of this, I will try to live by these principles in order to lessen my emotional tendencies and anxiety. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flickr Images